Pages

July 12, 2005

The Good, The Bad, And the VERY Clean Closet.

I would like to thank you all for the overwhelming support.

I would also like to show you the results.

But first.....You will experience some of the journey.....

ON YOUR MARK!!!!!!



GET SET!!!!

(We needed entertainment.)

GOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

(Rocky Music) Duhnt...duhnt-duhnt-duhnt....duhnt-duhnt- (slows to to droan)duuhhhrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn---




For those of you that do not know me, I will fill you in on a little detail.

I HAVE A.D.D.!? I cannot pay attention to save my life and it hurst to even look at a task like this.

First, we gutted.

Better already, right?

WRONG!! So very wrong!

All the crap had to go somewhere!

It went on the bed.

(That's my lovely sister.)

And it went on the floor.

(In my defense I will say that in the back right there is a suitcase that I am packing my trip for, and a workout ball! I am NOT as lazy as my closet my have lead on.)

Among all the clothes, we found some rather interesting articles of footwear.

Exhibit A:

The FlipFlop

Why have I not thrown this away until now!? What is wrong with me!

I only had 1...and I bought them in 98!

Exhibit B:

The WORK SHOES!

Ok, look...When I was a hostess for a few months I was at the host stand with a bunch of models! I NEEDED heels...and I NEEDED heels that were comfortable to walk on for 6 hours on TILE! I wore my BCBG's one night and couldn't feel the pads of my feet for 3 days!

I rest my case.

My closet took us 3 hours. And here is the grand finale.

(Hendel's Messiah) HAL-lelujah hallelujah-hallelujah!

Before

& AFTER! :)

Purses organized on top-shelf, instead of strewn around my room.

Shoes and work stuff organized on floor .

It doesn't look as good as it feels. :)

Lastly...the crap that ISN'T in my closet.

Sigh..I'm done. :)

19 comments:

Kim said...

Great job on your closet! In one of my ebay sellers groups, they were talking about selling used shoes to people with foot fetishes! *gag* There was a pair of old nasty Old Navy flip flops that sold for $60. Gross huh? I just don't get it...

Unknown said...

Good work! Are you going to donate the "leavin's" (I love southern slang) to Good Will or some other charity organization? I hope you're not just gonna' throw 'em out.

rcm said...

awesome, good job!

{LyndsD} said...

Hi Girl! What an accomplishment! Congrats it looks great! I so need to do that. ;o) Maybe this weekend... yea I'll think about it. Also don't worry about forgetting to add me to your list... Thanks for adding it! Talk to you soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks great. Nice that you have bags for donating. I love it when we actually get rid of stuff instead of just reorganizing the unnecessaries. Talk to you later.

Out Of Jersey said...

But how long will this last?

Out Of Jersey said...

But how long will this last?

Melissa said...

WOW! That kind of inspires me for the task I also need to complete...my closet. GRR....

Leesa said...

Want to do mine now??

KV said...

You are too funny

Humor Girl said...

Bekkah- I know, right! lol That flip flop was NASTY! I wore it to the beach on one too many occasions.

Kim- Hmm...I wonder how they'd feel about a decrepit flip-flop?

MG- Yes...I will donate. And I'll make sure my sister takes a picture of my walking it up to GoodWill...so you believe me! :)

RCM- Thanks!

Merele- I know!! THat's what I normally do! But not this time! Thanks to my amazing sister!

Cube- You are so doubtful that you posted it twice, right? :( hehe

Melissa- YOU CAN DO IT!! :)

Leesa- NO..I never want to see another closet as long as I live!

KV- Thank you! And happy birthday!

barefeetbilly said...

I have been thoroughly entertained by your closet cleaning episode. Thanks for sharing.

Kristen said...

hey, send those bags of clothes over my way.

Chief Slacker said...

Congrats from another ADD peep. Getting a big task like that done sure dose feel wonderful. Luckily you had the sister there to keep you on track :O)

Anonymous said...

HA! Wow, you go girl - that rocks - I'm proud of ya!! :)

Tammy said...

Wow! Great job! Please feel free to come clean mine. It looks just as bad! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm late with this but BIG congrats on getting through that task!! Feels great to have such a huge accomplishment doesn't it.

BayouMaMa said...

Hi! First time I visit...way to go on that closet! It looks great!

I started sharing a 40 day home and habit transformation on July 4th...seeing the "mess" through a camera lens really does make a tremendous difference, doesn't it?

LAMommyof3 said...

Great job on the closet! Your blog is hilarious! :)