Pages

August 16, 2005

DEEP SLEEP Courtesy of Benadryl...

At about 2am I still wasn't tired. I tried reading, but that just got me INTO the book until 3am. I decided to take some Benadryl because my allergies were bugging me and they usually help sleep.

All I have to say is this stuff WORKS! I fell asleep within 20 minutes and slept for 8 1/2 STRAIGHT hours?!?! I had pillow lines on my arms and face. I was so groggy at noon that it was still hard for me to wake up. I think I recommend this for people having outpatient surgery. I don't even think a root canal would have woken me up.

I also had some pretty crazy dreams. Long, bizarre dreams that tied into one another. Where the ghosts of ex-boyfriends past and long lost friends played key roles. Oh yeah, and our cat had seizures! How strange is that!?

4 comments:

{LyndsD} said...

lol... sounds like a fun night. ;o) At least you got some sleep. :o) Good morning...!

Me said...

I'd use that stuff, but I'd be afraid of not hearing the peanut at night :)

Glad you got some sleep though!!!

By the way, I changed my blog addy. It's now wethyb.blogspot :)

Anonymous said...

After my husband's heart attack, he had trouble sleeping. The doctor recommended it to him. My son has allergies, he takes Benadryl for that. My mother came down with a bad case of shingles....the doctor recommended Bendryl for the itching....

That shit is good for everything!!

Jaime said...

Eeek... Benadryl knocks me out so badly that I worry that if I take it, I will wet myself. ;)

Seriously... severly allergic to cats, dying in the middle of the night... so my sister gives me some Benadryl at about 4 am to help. (I was staying there to watch my niece in the morning). I was LITERALLY in a coma until about 11 am - and when my drool-covered self finally came to, Hannah was completely covered in chocolate and the ENTIRE box of black and white cookies (OH YES, the 48 pack of minis) I had brought over was gone. When I gave her the look of death, she told me "I didn't eat them all... Sadie (their german shepherd) had 2".