Pages

August 07, 2005

Is Cricket Poop White??

Crickets (and ladybugs) are the only bugs that don't make me run for the hills. Ladybugs are just too darn cute, and Chester showed me a fond love for crickets that I will never forget. :)

Last night at work there was a little cricket lost in the kitchen. I scooped him up in my hand and gently set him outside.

After I set him down I noticed a bunch of white lumpy stuff on my finger. Now, I've held crickets SEVERAL times before. I like to rescue them from the prison that is a grocery store and set them free on their way out in the wide open skies.

DID I scare the POOP out of him?? OR did I squish him??

7 comments:

millennium hippies said...

i thought cricket poop was black. maybe it was her eggs!?

Humor Girl said...

That is so sad.....! :(

Anonymous said...

You are too cute and sweet. But, either way, for me, that's gross.:) You must be right, though.

Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm here via Michele. Very nice blog. I enjoyed your purse content pictures, but that picture of you when you're 63!!!!!????? No way can that be! I don't even want to go to that site to see what it would do to my face. Yuck.

Jaime said...

Yucky. I am not a big fan of crickets b/c I used to have a basement bedroom at my parents and they would always end up in there... like mutant 1" ones. Ick. Hopefully the white stuff doesn't give you a rash. :)

MarylandMommy said...

I didn't learn about cricket poop at vet tech school.....wish I had!!! LOL

BayouMaMa said...

LOL!!! Can't help you there girl! BTW...crickets and ladybugs, oh and rollie-pollies are the ONLY bugs I will hold. My 2nd graders always think I am so "cool" because I usually have to rescue a cricket out of my classroom every year. There all like..."Cool! My teacher picked up a bug!"